United Nations resolutions against countries such as Iran, Iraq, Eritrea and Libya are enforced with rigour, but the collection of resolutions criticizing Israel is unmatched by the record of any other nation; Israel stands in violation of more UN resolutions than any other nation on earth. A list of UN Resolutions against “Israel” 1955-1992 can bee seen here and others follow:
- Resolution 1328 (27 Nov 2000)
- Resolution 1337 (30 Jan 2001)
- Resolution 1351 (30 May 2001)
- Resolution 1397 (12 Mar 2002) the first resolution to explicitly call for a two-state solution.
- Resolution 1435 (24 Sep 2002) called for an end to Israeli measures in and around Ramallah.
- Resolution 1559 (2 September 2004) called upon Lebanon to establish its sovereignty over all of its land and called upon Syria to end their military presence in Lebanon by withdrawing its forces and to cease intervening in internal Lebanese politics. The resolution also called on all Lebanese militias to disband.
- Resolution 1583 (28 January 2005) calls on Lebanon to assert full control over its border with Israel. It also states that “the Council has recognized the Blue Line as valid for the purpose of confirming Israel’s withdrawal pursuant to resolution 425.
- Resolution 1648 (21 December 2005) renewed the mandate of United Nations Disengagement Observer Force until 30 June 2006.
- Resolution 1701 (11 August 2006) called for the full cessation of hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah.
- Resolution 1860 (9 January 2009) called for the full cessation of war between Israel and Hamas.
The Rule of Law – one of the hallmarks of civilised society – is being shamelessly flouted